As skin ages, many reactions within the body occur that lead to wrinkles, loss of fat below the skin’s surface, and overall tissue breakdown. Many vitamins have the ability to delay these processes, however. Read below for a list of only a few of the vitamins Bell Chem, a beauty care chemical suppler, carries that may improve the overall look and feel of skin.
- Vitamin A – A fat-soluble vitamin essential in fading brown spots, smoothing rough skin, and reducing wrinkles, the synthetic form of Vitamin A, retinol, has been proven to reduce or clear up acne and psoriasis, among other debilitating skin disorders.
- Vitamin B3 (niacin) – Niacin increases the production of lipids beneath the skin’s surface to maintain moisture levels while locking irritants out. Moisturizers containing niacin reduce flushing and the appearance of rosacea. Vitamin B3 also inhibits pigments from entering skin cells, thereby decreasing the appearance of dark spots.
- Biotin – This B-vitamin is water-soluble and breaks down fatty acids, leaving skin glossy and healthy. Biotin prevents water loss and negates the effects of UV rays.
- Vitamin C – Your body contains a plethora of free radicals that wreak havoc on your skin. Vitamin C destroys free radicals and leaves your skin smoother, firmer, and less discolored, especially if the skin has suffered the effects of sun damage.
- Vitamin E – Another vitamin that quells the effects of free radicals, fat-soluble Vitamin E assists in retaining moisture within the skin’s surface. Often used in sunscreen, Vitamin E leaves the skin less red, inflamed, and dry after sun exposure.
- Vitamin K – The capillaries below the eyes often allow blood to leak beneath this thin skin layer. Vitamin K inhibits blood clotting in this area to diminish the dark circles under the eyes.
Vitamins are essential, and many consumers are not taking in amounts to keep their bodies healthy. The chemicals needed to produce vitamins and supplements, supplied by Bell Chem, meet the needs of those individuals. Contact the beauty care chemical experts at Bell Chem at (407) 339-BELL (2355) for a list of all the vitamins and health products they carry.