Coconut oil has become a hot supplement recently, and many of the different products derived from this hearty fruit, such as coconut cream, oil, and saturated fatty acids have substantially beneficial roles in the body. Bell Chem, a chemical distributor in Florida specializing in the newest health and beauty chemicals, presents the roles these three components play to keep you healthy and looking great.
- Coconut oil is abundant in saturated fat, which causes many to pause since saturated fat is often associated with cardiovascular disease. However, new studies are proving the culprit in heart disease is not saturated fat as much as the fast foods associated with its intake. Therefore, this whole food’s saturated fat level proves much less harmful when added to sautéed broccoli than to cookie mix. Coconut oil is also slow to oxidize, meaning it will remain fresh at room temperature for as long as six months with no special care. Virgin coconut oil smells and tastes like coconuts while refined coconut oil loses the telltale coconut taste and odor.
- Coconut cream is similar to coconut milk but is much creamier since the water component is mostly removed. Coconut cream is a great beauty aid to use as a skin mask, hair conditioner, and body wash. Skin feels silky and soft while hair is sleek, shiny, and thicker with one application of coconut cream.
- The fatty acids in coconut oil contain approximately 66% medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs), one of the highest amounts of MCFAs occurring naturally. MCFAs are easy to digest and small enough to cross the boundaries of cell membranes to be used more efficiently. These fatty acids are converted to energy in the liver without being stored as fat. This speeds your metabolism, thereby assisting in weight loss.
With its many uses, it is no wonder coconuts are generating such a buzz. Bell Chem is the chemical distributor in Florida that stocks coconut oil, cream, and other health and beauty products. Read our past blogs for more information concerning the chemicals and supplements from Bell Chem, or give the staff a call at (407) 339-2355 (BELL).
The human body requires a regimen of important vitamins to remain healthy. The vitamins at the beginning of the vitamin alphabet have a myriad functions that enable the body to maintain its overall well being. Read below for a few of the benefits of vitamins A through E, all important supplements sold by the premiere chemical distributor in Florida, Bell Chem.
- Vitamin A – This fat-soluble vitamin is important in maintaining good eyesight, especially at night; stabilizing skin, hair, and mucus membranes; and enhancing immune system actions. Vitamin A is essential in the development of bones, teeth, and cells, especially the epithelial cells that line body cavities and the skin. As an antioxidant, vitamin A also prevents damage from external chemical forces.
- Vitamin B – A water-soluble vitamin that stimulates metabolism, moves red blood cells through the body to deliver oxygen, maintains heart health, and aids in the formation of many neurotransmitters. Vitamin B is part of protein synthesis and energy metabolism, is required for the formation of red blood cells and various neurotransmitters, and helps maintain nerve function, a healthy immune system, and healthy antibodies.
- Vitamin C – A water-soluble component of collagen production, vitamin C gives bones, cartilage, tendons and ligaments, muscles, teeth, and blood vessels the strength they need to support and protect the body. It also stimulates wound healing and keeps your skin looking healthy. Vitamin C is a key component in the formation of collagen. Like vitamin A, vitamin C is an antioxidant that thwarts cell damage.
- Vitamin D – This fat-soluble vitamin stimulates bone formation and assists in calcium and phosphorous absorption to strengthen teeth and bones, adjusts calcium storage, and also prevents osteoporosis.
- Vitamin E – This is a fat-soluble vitamin, and its importance lies as an antioxidant to protect cells and tissue from free radical invasion. Vitamin E has been shown to prevent cancer, cardiovascular disease, and heart disease.
Fat-soluble vitamins – such as A, D, and E – are found in dietary fats and stored in the liver. They do not need to be consumed on a daily basis. Vitamins B and C, on the other hand, are water-soluble vitamins. Because our bodies constantly give off water in sweat, urine, respiration, and other metabolic processes, water-soluble vitamins are lost continuously and must be replenished on a daily basis. Learn more about vitamins and other nutritional supplements provided by chemical distributor in Florida, Bell Chem, by calling (407) 339-2355 (BELL) to speak with one of our representatives concerning vitamins and supplements, and please read our past blogs for information on all the chemicals in our inventory.
It seems rather odd to be discarding the pulpy part of the grape and using the seeds, but recent clinical studies have shown the effectiveness of grape seed oil on skin and hair. The cold-pressed seeds release an essential oil that is quickly becoming one of the industry’s top beauty care chemicals. With plenty of antioxidants and concentrated amounts of linoleic acid, an omega-6 fatty acid, grape seed oil surpasses many other oils in its ability to enhance skin all the way down to the cellular level to smooth the skin’s surface, leaving it much more wrinkle-free. For a list of how you can use grape seed oil to enhance your beauty regimen, read below, then contact beauty care chemical supplier, Bell Chem, to order a supply for you, your business, and your customers.
- Surprisingly, greasy skin is oftentimes the last line of defense if you have too little moisture beneath the skin’s surface. Grape seed oil is extremely light, and can manage to even out skin that may be dry in some patches and oily in others. By regulating your skin’s natural oil production, grape seed oil works beneath the surface to keep both hair and skin looking vibrant.
- For flat, thin hair, grape seed oil added to the ends will add luster and manageability without leaving hair looking oily.
- Heat from blow dryers and curling wands is unfriendly to hair, causing it to split. Spritz a bit of grapeseed oil on your hair before applying any heating mechanism to keep your hair healthy and moisturized.
- Acne-prone skin improves with grape seed oil because this superior oil moisturizes the skin, penetrates blocked pores, and eradicates breakouts. Because it contains polyphenols, which is an anti-inflammatory antioxidant, grape seed oil is able to prevent or greatly diminish blackheads.
- The unsightly spider veins in your legs disappear dramatically with a regimen of grape seed oil. Spray a little on wet skin to strengthen veins, which, in turn, prevents veins from expanding and shattering directly beneath the skin’s surface.
- Gently rub a tiny amount of grape seed oil under either eye to remove dark circles. This treatment may take about a week, but the results are astonishing!
- Grape seed oil is rich in beta-carotene as well as vitamins C, D, and E – all natural anti-oxidants.
- Grape seed oil contains oligomeric proanthocyanidins, flavonoids that restore collagen at the cellular level and remove free radicals.
Contact Bell Chem at (407) 339-2355 (BELL) for a list of all our beauty care chemicals. Our knowledgeable staff can assist your business in discovering the ultimate line of chemicals for your customer base.
Beauty care chemical collagen is a structural protein composed of amino acids vitally important for the youthful appearance of skin. Found in bones, muscles, tendons, and skin, collagen is the most abundant protein in the body. Collagen is a connective tissue that acts as scaffolding to give the skin support and strength and is a fundamental component in what gives the skin its elasticity. With a breakdown of collagen, which occurs as the body ages, wrinkles intensify and the skin sags. This is most commonly noted in crow’s feet, laugh lines, and double chins.
The loss of collagen is something everyone experiences as they age. By around age 20, existing collagen begins to break down and new collagen does not form as quickly. While it is difficult to replace collagen, many products boost collagen’s ability to keep the skin looking its best. Read below for a list of beauty care products that will enhance your skin’s natural beauty by positively affecting collagen.
- Retinoids diminish the amount of collagen damaged by sun exposure by preventing the buildup of the enzyme collagenase. Retinoids also stimulate new collagen production.
- Vitamin C stimulates fibroblast cells, the cells that fuel collagen production. It also acts as an antioxidant to keep enzymes from detrimentally affecting existing cells. Vitamin C is a well-known defender against free radicals.
- Genistein, a soybean isoflavone, has two purposes: it blocks and destroys dangerous enzymes and boosts the production of collagen.
- Green tea extract is an antioxidant, which prevents the breakdown and death of cells. It also promotes healthy collagen and elastin fibers, which both act to promote youthful skin.
- Vitamin E, like Vitamin C, destroys free radicals and replenish the skin’s collagen levels.
- Lycopenes prevent free radical invasion and act as collagen protectants.
- Grape seed oil is abundant in flavonoids, which remove free radicals and restore collagen at a cellular level.
For a full listing of Bell Chem’s beauty care chemicals or any of their other products, please browse our website, or contact one of our beauty care experts at (407) 339-2355 (BELL).
Bell Chem has long been recognized as a supplier and distributor of high-quality industrial chemicals. Along with this well-earned title, however, Bell Chem also stocks food, pharmaceutical, and personal care raw materials. The beauty care chemicals offered by Bell Chem are the same superior quality as their other chemicals and give consumers an option in their cosmetic and well-being care.
Our Florida home in Longwood is a hub for freight hauling. From air to rail to water, Longwood offers a myriad of delivery options to give our customers prompt shipments in the most convenient, least expensive method possible. Bell Chem proudly ships its products both nationwide and worldwide with strategically-located distributors around the world.
Shipping a small package of pharmaceutical products or large bulk containers of industrial chemicals is not a problem for Bell Chem. Our customer service representatives will happily place your order and track its route to you, giving shipping times at accurately as possible. Our nationwide suppliers coordinate the easiest shipment route and date for you, and we work hand-in-hand with our customers to provide unrivaled service.
Beauty care chemicals have had a niche for decades but recently have been pushed to the forefront with advances in holistic medicine and treatment. New forms of treatment demand top-of-the-line ingredients and oils, and Bell Chem meets those demands by stocking botanical and nutritional ingredients, supplements, oils, and chemicals that meet and exceed industry standards. If your business requires a custom compound, call Bell Chem. We can create the correct measurement in almost any quantity you desire.
Contact Bell Chem at (407) 339-2355 (BELL) for all your chemical needs, from water treatment to skin treatment. You will find their caring staff and excellent products are both first rate. For the latest news and information on industrial, food grade, and beauty care chemicals, read our latest blogs.
Corrosion is the destruction of a metal by a chemical or electrochemical reaction with its surroundings. Some of the most caustic chemical reactions involve oxygen. The most easily noted reaction is the production of rust from the reaction of oxygen and iron. Controlling this reaction, as well as others, takes chemicals specific to each reaction.
Water treatment plants have all the necessary components to harbor myriad types of corrosion. The chemicals, temperature, ambiance, and pH are all factors in the health of the pipes and tanks within a water treatment facility. Bell Chem, experts in water treatment chemicals, have created this handy guide on the chemicals needed to keep corrosion under control. Read on for the most reliable chemicals and their role in water treatment.
- Deaeration is the removal of water from pipes and tanks. Since water is chemically composed of oxygen and hydrogen, when oxygen is removed, corrosion is less possible. Deaeration is achievable with the addition of eight parts catalyzed sodium sulfite for each one part dissolved oxygen.
- Passivating (anodic) inhibitors form an oxide film on the walls of pipes and tanks, acting as a protective barrier. This form of corrosion control is inexpensive and, in many instances, self-repairing. Passivating inhibitors include nitrite, molybdate and orthophosphate. Nitrite works well in systems where oxygen is not present; molybdate is effective, but cost inhibitive, and orthophosphate is the most widely used because of its low cost and efficiency.
- Precipitating (cathodic) inhibitors form insoluble precipitates on metal surfaces. Precipitating inhibitors do not form as stringent barrier as passivating inhibitors, and while they repair with no outside influence, the repair time is much longer than anodic inhibitors. Zinc precipitates as hydroxide, carbonate, or phosphate to form a precipitating inhibitor. Calcium orthophosphate and calcium carbonate are also effective precipitating inhibitors.
- Copper corrosion inhibitors include benzotriazole and tolytriazole, which bond with cuprous oxide to form a chemisorbed film on the metal surface.
- Adsorption inhibitors block interior surfaces against adsorption. Amines and organic compounds containing sulfur or hydroxyl groups are good adsorption inhibitors. Because these molecules are often surfactants, they also act to lower the surface tension between liquids and solids.
- Aqueous corrosion is inhibited by silicates. While silicates are not truly passivators, they form visible precipitates along the walls of passages. Silicates may also inhibit corrosion via adsorption.
Many of these chemicals react more readily under specific conditions depending on temperature, pH, amount of oxygen, etc. Contact water treatment chemical supplier, Bell Chem, at (407) 339-2355 (BELL) to determine which corrosion inhibitors are best suited for your water treatment system.
Oils have become increasingly popular within the past few years. While they seem to be the newest and greatest trend, essential oils have been used since pre-history to treat disorders or promote beauty. Below is a short list from Bell Chem, experts in beauty care chemicals, of some of the most powerful essential oils relating to beauty care.
- Argan oil is an anti-aging miracle. With an abundance of vitamin E and omega-6 fatty acid, dry skin is revitalized with argan oil. The ability to remove free radicals from the skin and reduce inflammation gives argan oil the title of the go-to skin enhancer. Add a tiny amount to the skin, nails, or hair to absorb moisture and reduce wrinkles. Unlike many other products, argan oil is stable in sunlight, so it can be applied before your day begins or as it winds down.
- Jojoba oil has properties that closely match your skin’s natural oils. With antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and moisturizing benefits, jojoba oil has the ability to trick your body into believing it has sufficient oil on the surface, thereby reducing oil production.
- Marula oil contains a high concentration of oleic acid, which causes this soothing oil to penetrate the skin rapidly for almost immediate results. High in antioxidants, marula oil defends against ultraviolet damage as it moisturizes.
- Olive oil, the same product you have in your kitchen cabinet, is one of the best “bang for your buck” skin care oils on the market for dry skin. While it seems contradictory to use olive oil on your face, the effects are noteworthy. Olive oil contains lactic acid to exfoliate your skin and stimulate skin cell regeneration. The antioxidants in olive oil also counter the effects of aging.
- Rose hip seed oil fades discoloration and scarring. Applied over a two-week period, even decades-old scars fade miraculously. With essential fatty acids and vitamins A and C, rose hip seed oil protects skin while increasing cell division to slough off old, scarred epithelial cells.
- Tea tree oil has the effectiveness of benzoyl peroxide in treating acne. According to recent studies, 5% tea tree oil is as effective as 5% benzoyl peroxide without the harshness of chemical compounds.
- Chamomile oil may replace calamine lotion in your medicine cabinet. Perfect for sensitive skin, chamomile oil soothes skin much like chamomile tea relieves tension. Redness and irritation disappear in seconds because of its anti-inflammatory properties, and patients experiencing rosacea find relief with chamomile oil.
For more skin care tips read our past blogs, or contact a Bell Chem associate today at (407) 339-2355 (BELL) to hear about these beauty care chemicals or any of our other products.
Water treatment facilities have long used chemicals to control unwanted organic and nonorganic material in potable water. One chemical in particular, polyphosphate, has such a variety of positive impacts on water treatment that most companies find they rely on it daily. Bell Chem has created this succinct list to explain the role water treatment chemical, polyphosphates, play on cleaning water in water treatment facilities.
- A major role for polyphosphates is the stabilization and dispersion of iron. Surprisingly, polyphosphates do not remove iron from water; instead, the iron remains in the water in a soluble form that does not affect the color, condition, or taste of water. Chlorinating the water causes the iron to become insoluble, leading to a telltale rusty color that stains clothes, porcelain, and other porous surfaces. Adding polyphosphates before chlorination eliminates the formation of insoluble iron.
- Manganese, another heavy metal, is also neutralized with polyphosphates. An excess of manganese leaves water looking exceedingly dark, often referred to as “black water,” which leaves brown stains on porous objects. Polyphosphates, before the addition of chlorine, will prevent manganese from becoming insoluble.
- Water hardness is reduced when polyphosphates are present in water treatment plants.
- Pressure tanks, hot water storage tanks, and pipes with iron deposits are scourged clean with polyphosphates. The addition of polyphosphates in these areas will temporarily increase iron in the water as it leaves the metal surfaces, but the uninterrupted use of polyphosphates retards iron from adhering to tanks and pipes within the water treatment system.
- Magnesium and calcium crystallize in the form of scale on potable water system surfaces. Polyphosphates impede crystalline growth, leaving interior walls free of scale.
Water treatment systems have found that polyphosphates are an economical, reliable source to counter many of the daily impediments to water safety, clarity, and taste. Contact Bell Chem today at (407) 339-2355 (BELL) to speak with one of our representatives concerning polyphosphates or any other water treatment chemical, and read our past blogs for information on all the chemicals in our inventory.
Salicylic acid has been used medicinally for a while by individuals around the world. The health benefits of the underbark of the white willow shrub include pain relief and fever reduction. In modern times, the salix (Latin for “willow”) shares only its root word with salicylic acid. Produced chemically within the confines of a laboratory, salicylic acid is a colorless, crystalline amonohydroxybenzoic (or beta hydroxy) organic acid that works wonders on a variety of skin disorders. Read below for how this product from beauty care chemicals supplier, Bell Chem’s, can assist in maintaining your skin’s beauty.
- Salicylic acid is most renown as a keratolytic, or exfoliant, that removes the outer layer of the skin to reveal the softer skin beneath. Often this keratin is present as a wart or plantar wart, psoriasis, ichthyoses, dandruff, a corn, or calluses. Salicylic acid is most prevalent in the treatment of acne, where it penetrates the pore lining to exfoliate the skin, reducing blackhead and whitehead outbreaks.
- The anti-inflammatory property of salicylic acid aids helps in alleviating skin tension associated with sunburn.
- As a rubefacient (a substance that dilates capillaries at the skin’s surface to increase blood circulation), salicylic acid alleviates acute and chronic pain.
- Salicylic acid thickens the epidermis, improves barrier function, increases moisture in the epidermis, and boosts collagen production. It also dissolves the ground substance that adheres neighboring cells, which enables skin cells to be shed more easily.
- Many of the properties of aspirin mirror those of salicylic acid since aspirin’s less common name is acetylsalicylic acid. Therefore, the anti-irritant properties in aspirin are also present in salicylic acid. Its acidic character also causes it to be anti-bacterial.
With its many uses, salicylic acid is a necessary addition for both medical and pharmaceutical industries. Contact Bell Chem at (407) 339-BELL (2355) to speak with one of our beauty care chemical consultants concerning beauty aids or any other chemical in stock, or read our previous blogs for further information.
As skin ages, many reactions within the body occur that lead to wrinkles, loss of fat below the skin’s surface, and overall tissue breakdown. Many vitamins have the ability to delay these processes, however. Read below for a list of only a few of the vitamins Bell Chem, a beauty care chemical suppler, carries that may improve the overall look and feel of skin.
- Vitamin A – A fat-soluble vitamin essential in fading brown spots, smoothing rough skin, and reducing wrinkles, the synthetic form of Vitamin A, retinol, has been proven to reduce or clear up acne and psoriasis, among other debilitating skin disorders.
- Vitamin B3 (niacin) – Niacin increases the production of lipids beneath the skin’s surface to maintain moisture levels while locking irritants out. Moisturizers containing niacin reduce flushing and the appearance of rosacea. Vitamin B3 also inhibits pigments from entering skin cells, thereby decreasing the appearance of dark spots.
- Biotin – This B-vitamin is water-soluble and breaks down fatty acids, leaving skin glossy and healthy. Biotin prevents water loss and negates the effects of UV rays.
- Vitamin C – Your body contains a plethora of free radicals that wreak havoc on your skin. Vitamin C destroys free radicals and leaves your skin smoother, firmer, and less discolored, especially if the skin has suffered the effects of sun damage.
- Vitamin E – Another vitamin that quells the effects of free radicals, fat-soluble Vitamin E assists in retaining moisture within the skin’s surface. Often used in sunscreen, Vitamin E leaves the skin less red, inflamed, and dry after sun exposure.
- Vitamin K – The capillaries below the eyes often allow blood to leak beneath this thin skin layer. Vitamin K inhibits blood clotting in this area to diminish the dark circles under the eyes.
Vitamins are essential, and many consumers are not taking in amounts to keep their bodies healthy. The chemicals needed to produce vitamins and supplements, supplied by Bell Chem, meet the needs of those individuals. Contact the beauty care chemical experts at Bell Chem at (407) 339-BELL (2355) for a list of all the vitamins and health products they carry.