Tricalcium phosphate (Ca3(PO4)2) is a calcium salt of phosphoric acid. Containing both calcium and phosphoric acid gives tricalcium phosphate many positive health and pharmaceutical benefits as well as industrial uses. Below are only a few of the many uses of this marvelous product stocked by Bell Chem, your Florida chemical supplier.
- Cheesemaking and other industries employ tricalcium phosphate to regulate acidity.
- Baked goods often list tricalcium phosphate as an ingredient. When bread is baked, tricalcium phosphate causes bread to rise properly.
- Reduced fat liquids containing tricalcium phosphate are generally smoother and thicker.
- Many spices contain tricalcium phosphate because it deters caking and clumping. As a matter of fact, from baby powder and agricultural applications, thousands of products take advantage of tricalcium phosphate’s anti-caking properties.
- When pharmaceuticals need to be routed directly to osseous tissue (bone), tricalcium phosphate acts as a delivery system, bringing the medication directly to the bone.
- In antacids, the basic properties of tricalcium phosphate act to buffer the acid environment of the stomach while supplying the body with calcium, an important component of every body system.
- Common medical practice utilizes tricalcium phosphate as a supplement or stand-alone bone graft agent.
- Home water filtration systems find tricalcium phosphate works well to remove fluoride from water.
- Fertilizers often contain large amounts of phosphoric acid, which is typically derived from tricalcium phosphate.
Your body cannot function without calcium or phosphate. Calcium is imperative for muscle contraction, heart rate regularity, and, its most well-known function, bone health. Phosphate is less well recognized but is essential in the formation of cellular membranes, nucleic acids (DNA and RNA), energy production within cells, and bone mineralization (hardening). Supplementing your diet with tricalcium phosphate will ensure you receive the correct amounts of both nutrients daily.
Read more about all the chemicals offered through Bell Chem by reading our blogs, and contact our team of experts at (407) 339-2355 (BELL) with any questions pertaining to tricalcium phosphate or any of the other chemicals on hand at your Florida chemical supplier of choice.
Puracal PP (pentahydrate powder) is food grade calcium lactate available in a white, non-hygroscopic formation. Added to many foods, it provides an excellent source of calcium in everyday products. Because it is highly soluble and its taste can best be described as neutral, the application of this calcium salt of lactic acid in most products is simple and leaves no bitter taste on foods, unlike other calcium additives. Below is a list of a few of the applications for Puracal PP, one of the quality chemicals supplied by Bell Chem, your nutritional chemical supplier.
- Restaurants and grocery stores use Puracal PP on freshly cut fruits to extend their shelf life. Fruits remain firmer longer with an application of Puracal PP.
- Sugar-free foods are often highly acidic, which can cause tooth decay. Adding Puracal PP counters this reaction by remineralizing tooth enamel, thereby preventing its erosion.
- Mouthwashes, toothpastes, and other oral care products often contain Puracal PP because it decreases tartar production.
- In the pharmaceutical industry, Puracal PP serves two distinct purposes that we often see united in one product: it is utilized as an antacid and a calcium supplement.
- Cheesemakers employ Puracal PP on both young and old cheeses in the form of cheese crystals to diminish acidity. It is more likely to be added to the exterior of the cheeses, although adding Puracal PP as the cheese forms is not unlikely.
Puracal PP dissolves easily and is readily absorbed at a wide pH range. Absorption can occur with or without food when ingested orally. With its ability to boost calcium levels while deterring enamel erosion, Puracal PP is a great choice for preserving food as it enhances the body’s framework. Call Bell Chem at (407) 339-2355 (BELL) for further information on Puracal PP or any of the other chemicals in their vast inventory, and read our latest blogs to learn more about the nutritional chemical supplier of Florida, Bell Chem.
Glycerin is a oil-based liquid traditionally produced from palm, soy, or coconut oil. Food applications demand a USP grade of 99% or higher, which is exceeded with this product. While vegetable glycerin is clear and odorless, USP-grade glycerin has a sweet flavor. Read below for uses of vegetable USP-grade glycerin 99.5%, brought to you by Bell Chem, the nutritional chemical supplier of choice.
- The sweet taste of vegetable glycerin gives it applications as a sweetener in low carbohydrate foods, and, unlike common table sugar, glycerin will not cause tooth decay.
- Many foods contain vegetable glycerin as a filler or thickening agent, especially in low-fat foods. Without fat, foods often lose flavor and texture, both of which can be rectified with the addition of vegetable glycerin.
- Cake icing often contains vegetable glycerin to prevent it from becoming too hard after it is spread.
- Shaving cream, soap, and shampoo contain vegetable glycerin as a humectant (moisturizer) to increase the solubility of other ingredients, thereby making products easier for the skin to absorb.
- Many lotion manufacturers appreciate vegetable glycerin’s ability to draw moisture from deep skin tissues to the surface and to keep the skin from drying excessively. It is often marketed toward individuals with sensitive or easily-irritated skin.
- Toothpaste and mouthwash contain vegetable glycerin since it improves the taste without causing tooth decay.
- The increase of solubility has led the pharmaceutical industry to utilize vegetable glycerin in allergen immunotherapy, cough syrup, elixirs, and expectorants.
- Medicine in the form of tablets may contain vegetable glycerol as a tablet-holding agent.
- In herbal extracts, vegetable glycerin is often used in lieu of ethanol in products touted as alcohol-free.
With its many uses, vegetable glycerin 99.5% USP is a fantastic product from your pharmaceutical, food grade, and nutritional chemical supplier, Bell Chem. Contact Bell Chem today at (407) 339-2355 (BELL) to inquire about vegetable glycerin or any of our other chemicals.
While urea is a naturally occurring organic compound, synthetic urea is the most widely used nitrogen fertilizer in the world, particularly because of its minimal expense and positive results. Urea in a granular formation gives it the advantage of easy handling as well as even blending and spreading. Below are facts about granular urea USP brought to you by the sanitation chemical supplier in Florida, Bell Chem.
- Knowing that urea is a derivative of ammonia, it is important to recognize that ammonia’s ionized state, ammonium (NH4+), is nitrogen with four hydrogen atoms. Nitrogen is necessary for plant growth and maintenance, and its absence is often the limiting factor in plant growth. Urea, then, is dissolved into the soil, converted to ammonium, then transformed into nitrate.
- Granular urea is the result of combining ammonia and carbon dioxide, then passing the liquid through a fluid bed granulation system. The end product is evenly sized granules that slowly release nutrients to plant roots. While many varieties of urea exist for fertilizer needs, granulated urea creates less dust.
- Temperature, organic matter, and moisture are all factors on the speed of granular urea’s uptake. Normal reaction time begins after 24 hours and is complete within two to five days. Cold, soggy conditions slow reaction time considerably.
- Because urea must be chemically altered before it is thoroughly utilized by plants, it has longer uptake availability. This slows release rates to the average rate of plant growth, which translates to fewer applications over time.
Contact Bell Chem, your sanitation chemical supplier in Florida, at (407) 339-2355 (BELL) for information pertaining to granulated urea or any of their other chemicals and products, and read our blogs to learn more about our products.
Di-calcium phosphate (CaHPO4), also known as dibasic calcium phosphate and calcium monohydrogen phosphate, is composed of calcium and phosphate, two chemicals vitally important in many of the body’s most basic functions. Therefore, many manufacturers add di-calcium phosphate to packaged foods. Di-calcium phosphate is not unique to the food industry, however. Pharmaceutical, cosmetic, and agricultural uses have given di-calcium phosphate a place in nearly every industry. Bell Chem, a chemical distributor in Florida, has compiled the following information pertaining to di-calcium phosphate to keep you informed.
- The food industry often adds di-calcium phosphate as a dietary supplement in breakfast cereal, enriched flour, and pasta.
- As a firming agent, it is present in food preparation to maintain and strengthen food structure during processing.
- Di-calcium phosphate acts as a preservative for organic products that tend to lose integrity after lengthy periods of time.
- The pharmaceutical industry uses this product as a tableting agent, especially as an excipient to remove body odor.
- Because it is almost completely insoluble, the pharmaceutical industry also utilizes it as a delayed release compound for highly water-soluble medications.
- In cosmetics, di-calcium phosphate is often a dietary calcium supplement.
- Toothpaste manufacturers find di-calcium phosphate is useful in the control of tartar.
- Agricultural uses of this product include poultry feed and dog treats.
Humans and other animals benefit greatly from the 23% volume of calcium (approximate) and 18% phosphorous (approximate) within this supplement. Calcium plays an active role in bone and teeth maintenance, cell signaling, muscle contraction (including the heart), blood clotting, and nerve function. Phosphorous is a key component in energy metabolism and is required for cell maintenance and division, heart function, and acid-base regulation.
Chemical distributor in Florida, Bell Chem, stocks di-calcium phosphate along with other important biological and commercial chemicals. Give the chemical experts at Bell Chem a call at (407) 339-2355 (BELL), and read our latest blogs for information pertaining to all the chemicals we stock.
Ask a chemist the difference between high fructose corn syrup and crystalline fructose and the answer will be quite different than if a biologist is asked the same question. The reason is based on the chemical makeup of the two versus how they react within the body. Chemically, crystalline fructose is simply high fructose corn syrup processed until the amount of fructose jumps from the high fructose corn syrup amount of 55% (with 45% glucose) to nearly 100% fructose contained within crystalline fructose. To learn the sweet facts behind crystalline fructose, read the information that chemical distributor in Florida, Bell Chem, has gathered concerning this sweetener.
- Fructose is five percent sweeter than glucose. For this reason, a smaller amount of crystalline fructose has the same effect per volume as high fructose corn syrup. Keeping in mind the amount of calories per tablespoon, this equates to fewer calories for the same taste.
- Crystalline fructose’s smaller volume and solid form make crystalline fructose a much better option than high fructose corn syrup. Because it is more solid in form, it improves the fluffiness of baked goods, mixes well with other sweeteners, and is able to remain unoxidized for extended periods of time.
- Individuals who suffer from diabetes watch their insulin levels, which are tightly intertwined with glucose. Since it is at least 98% fructose and contains no glucose, crystalline fructose is an ideal sweetening agent for diabetic patients and actually acts to lower blood glucose levels. For this reason, crystalline fructose is known as a “diabetic-friendly carbohydrate”.
The advantages of crystalline fructose make it a more appealing choice for many consumers. Learn more about crystalline fructose and all the other products offered by chemical distributor in Florida, Bell Chem, by calling (407) 339-2355 (BELL), and read more about the industrial, food grade, and cosmetic chemicals inventoried by Bell Chem by reading our latest blogs.
Coconut oil has become a hot supplement recently, and many of the different products derived from this hearty fruit, such as coconut cream, oil, and saturated fatty acids have substantially beneficial roles in the body. Bell Chem, a chemical distributor in Florida specializing in the newest health and beauty chemicals, presents the roles these three components play to keep you healthy and looking great.
- Coconut oil is abundant in saturated fat, which causes many to pause since saturated fat is often associated with cardiovascular disease. However, new studies are proving the culprit in heart disease is not saturated fat as much as the fast foods associated with its intake. Therefore, this whole food’s saturated fat level proves much less harmful when added to sautéed broccoli than to cookie mix. Coconut oil is also slow to oxidize, meaning it will remain fresh at room temperature for as long as six months with no special care. Virgin coconut oil smells and tastes like coconuts while refined coconut oil loses the telltale coconut taste and odor.
- Coconut cream is similar to coconut milk but is much creamier since the water component is mostly removed. Coconut cream is a great beauty aid to use as a skin mask, hair conditioner, and body wash. Skin feels silky and soft while hair is sleek, shiny, and thicker with one application of coconut cream.
- The fatty acids in coconut oil contain approximately 66% medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs), one of the highest amounts of MCFAs occurring naturally. MCFAs are easy to digest and small enough to cross the boundaries of cell membranes to be used more efficiently. These fatty acids are converted to energy in the liver without being stored as fat. This speeds your metabolism, thereby assisting in weight loss.
With its many uses, it is no wonder coconuts are generating such a buzz. Bell Chem is the chemical distributor in Florida that stocks coconut oil, cream, and other health and beauty products. Read our past blogs for more information concerning the chemicals and supplements from Bell Chem, or give the staff a call at (407) 339-2355 (BELL).
The human body requires a regimen of important vitamins to remain healthy. The vitamins at the beginning of the vitamin alphabet have a myriad functions that enable the body to maintain its overall well being. Read below for a few of the benefits of vitamins A through E, all important supplements sold by the premiere chemical distributor in Florida, Bell Chem.
- Vitamin A – This fat-soluble vitamin is important in maintaining good eyesight, especially at night; stabilizing skin, hair, and mucus membranes; and enhancing immune system actions. Vitamin A is essential in the development of bones, teeth, and cells, especially the epithelial cells that line body cavities and the skin. As an antioxidant, vitamin A also prevents damage from external chemical forces.
- Vitamin B – A water-soluble vitamin that stimulates metabolism, moves red blood cells through the body to deliver oxygen, maintains heart health, and aids in the formation of many neurotransmitters. Vitamin B is part of protein synthesis and energy metabolism, is required for the formation of red blood cells and various neurotransmitters, and helps maintain nerve function, a healthy immune system, and healthy antibodies.
- Vitamin C – A water-soluble component of collagen production, vitamin C gives bones, cartilage, tendons and ligaments, muscles, teeth, and blood vessels the strength they need to support and protect the body. It also stimulates wound healing and keeps your skin looking healthy. Vitamin C is a key component in the formation of collagen. Like vitamin A, vitamin C is an antioxidant that thwarts cell damage.
- Vitamin D – This fat-soluble vitamin stimulates bone formation and assists in calcium and phosphorous absorption to strengthen teeth and bones, adjusts calcium storage, and also prevents osteoporosis.
- Vitamin E – This is a fat-soluble vitamin, and its importance lies as an antioxidant to protect cells and tissue from free radical invasion. Vitamin E has been shown to prevent cancer, cardiovascular disease, and heart disease.
Fat-soluble vitamins – such as A, D, and E – are found in dietary fats and stored in the liver. They do not need to be consumed on a daily basis. Vitamins B and C, on the other hand, are water-soluble vitamins. Because our bodies constantly give off water in sweat, urine, respiration, and other metabolic processes, water-soluble vitamins are lost continuously and must be replenished on a daily basis. Learn more about vitamins and other nutritional supplements provided by chemical distributor in Florida, Bell Chem, by calling (407) 339-2355 (BELL) to speak with one of our representatives concerning vitamins and supplements, and please read our past blogs for information on all the chemicals in our inventory.
It seems rather odd to be discarding the pulpy part of the grape and using the seeds, but recent clinical studies have shown the effectiveness of grape seed oil on skin and hair. The cold-pressed seeds release an essential oil that is quickly becoming one of the industry’s top beauty care chemicals. With plenty of antioxidants and concentrated amounts of linoleic acid, an omega-6 fatty acid, grape seed oil surpasses many other oils in its ability to enhance skin all the way down to the cellular level to smooth the skin’s surface, leaving it much more wrinkle-free. For a list of how you can use grape seed oil to enhance your beauty regimen, read below, then contact beauty care chemical supplier, Bell Chem, to order a supply for you, your business, and your customers.
- Surprisingly, greasy skin is oftentimes the last line of defense if you have too little moisture beneath the skin’s surface. Grape seed oil is extremely light, and can manage to even out skin that may be dry in some patches and oily in others. By regulating your skin’s natural oil production, grape seed oil works beneath the surface to keep both hair and skin looking vibrant.
- For flat, thin hair, grape seed oil added to the ends will add luster and manageability without leaving hair looking oily.
- Heat from blow dryers and curling wands is unfriendly to hair, causing it to split. Spritz a bit of grapeseed oil on your hair before applying any heating mechanism to keep your hair healthy and moisturized.
- Acne-prone skin improves with grape seed oil because this superior oil moisturizes the skin, penetrates blocked pores, and eradicates breakouts. Because it contains polyphenols, which is an anti-inflammatory antioxidant, grape seed oil is able to prevent or greatly diminish blackheads.
- The unsightly spider veins in your legs disappear dramatically with a regimen of grape seed oil. Spray a little on wet skin to strengthen veins, which, in turn, prevents veins from expanding and shattering directly beneath the skin’s surface.
- Gently rub a tiny amount of grape seed oil under either eye to remove dark circles. This treatment may take about a week, but the results are astonishing!
- Grape seed oil is rich in beta-carotene as well as vitamins C, D, and E – all natural anti-oxidants.
- Grape seed oil contains oligomeric proanthocyanidins, flavonoids that restore collagen at the cellular level and remove free radicals.
Contact Bell Chem at (407) 339-2355 (BELL) for a list of all our beauty care chemicals. Our knowledgeable staff can assist your business in discovering the ultimate line of chemicals for your customer base.
Beauty care chemical collagen is a structural protein composed of amino acids vitally important for the youthful appearance of skin. Found in bones, muscles, tendons, and skin, collagen is the most abundant protein in the body. Collagen is a connective tissue that acts as scaffolding to give the skin support and strength and is a fundamental component in what gives the skin its elasticity. With a breakdown of collagen, which occurs as the body ages, wrinkles intensify and the skin sags. This is most commonly noted in crow’s feet, laugh lines, and double chins.
The loss of collagen is something everyone experiences as they age. By around age 20, existing collagen begins to break down and new collagen does not form as quickly. While it is difficult to replace collagen, many products boost collagen’s ability to keep the skin looking its best. Read below for a list of beauty care products that will enhance your skin’s natural beauty by positively affecting collagen.
- Retinoids diminish the amount of collagen damaged by sun exposure by preventing the buildup of the enzyme collagenase. Retinoids also stimulate new collagen production.
- Vitamin C stimulates fibroblast cells, the cells that fuel collagen production. It also acts as an antioxidant to keep enzymes from detrimentally affecting existing cells. Vitamin C is a well-known defender against free radicals.
- Genistein, a soybean isoflavone, has two purposes: it blocks and destroys dangerous enzymes and boosts the production of collagen.
- Green tea extract is an antioxidant, which prevents the breakdown and death of cells. It also promotes healthy collagen and elastin fibers, which both act to promote youthful skin.
- Vitamin E, like Vitamin C, destroys free radicals and replenish the skin’s collagen levels.
- Lycopenes prevent free radical invasion and act as collagen protectants.
- Grape seed oil is abundant in flavonoids, which remove free radicals and restore collagen at a cellular level.
For a full listing of Bell Chem’s beauty care chemicals or any of their other products, please browse our website, or contact one of our beauty care experts at (407) 339-2355 (BELL).