Bell Chem has completed verification via 3rd Party Audit by D.L. Newslow and Associates with compliance pertaining to food & product safety. The following were verified compliant by the audit: Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Food Safety Control Measures, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), and Prerequisite Programs (PRP).
A successful Food Safety 3rd party audit heralds a new level of customer confidence & prestige for Bell Chem. GMP certification ensures quality standards are met for their food, nutritional, and pharmaceutical product storage. The Food Safety Control Measures involves controls for potential food hazards in the facility. HACCP is a quality control program that approaches food safety from a biological, chemical, and physical standpoint to minimize hazards in production processes; specific design measurements in the HACCP program are in place to reduce these risks. PRP’s are an important piece in meeting food safety standards. PRP’s successfully audited included cleaning & sanitation, shipping & receiving, allergen control, recalls & traceability, cross-contamination prevention, GMP’s, and more.
Bell Chem has sought Food Safety 3rd Party Audit compliance for many years and is proud their standards have been recognized. Customers are now ensured the handling and processing of all products meet high standards.
About Bell Chem
Founded in 1992, Bell Chem is a food ingredient & chemical distributor located in Longwood, FL (just north of Orlando). Along with a full line of industrial and water treatment chemicals, we offer a diverse blend of food, pharmaceutical, and personal care raw materials, many highly specialized botanical and nutritional ingredients, as well as hard to find technical grade chemicals and custom compounds. Bell Chem’s mission is to provide you with the highest quality products, expedited for maximum efficiency, with unrivaled and personalized customer service.
Hearing the word “calcium” most often causes an individual to envision strong bones. While this is true, calcium plays many extremely important roles in the maintenance of the body above and beyond healthy bones. Calcium gluconate is a mineral supplement taken to regulate one or more of calcium’s functions. The moniker “monohydrate” distinguishes the atomic structure by its appending of a hydrogen atom. The formation of calcium gluconate (a calcium salt) is derived from the neutralization of gluconic acid with lime or calcium carbonate.
Applications of calcium gluconate monohydrate include the more well-known use to counteract osteoporosis or other osseous abnormalities. Calcium is substantial in its other actions within the human body, such as maintenance of a normal heart rhythm, negating abnormally high levels of potassium in the bloodstream, in treatment of hypoparathyroidism, and assisting in the maintenance of homeostasis in the nervous and muscular systems. The addition of calcium gluconate monohydrate for patients who do not or cannot ingest calcium from their typical diets will promote a healthier life. Short term use may include the treatment of black widow spider bites with calcium gluconate monohydrate to counter muscle spasms and cramps. Forms of this versatile chemical for each unique use can be found at a chemical supplier in Florida.
Calcium gluconate monohydrate’s white, crystalline appearance is odorless as well as tasteless. This supplement is available in granules or powder form at a chemical supplier in Florida. Although insoluble in alcohol, calcium gluconate monohydrate is soluble in water, although the process is quite slow unless the water temperature is above 100°C. Its chemical formula is C12H22CaO14.H2O.
In the food industry, calcium gluconate intensifies water-binding properties and acts as a nutritional supplement in the manufacture of sausage products. It may also be found in dairy products, edible ices, canned vegetables, puddings and batters, processed meat, soups and sauces, beer and wine, and prepared foods. For these uses, calcium gluconate monohydrate acts as a firming agent, sequestrant, and/or an acid reducer.
When you are seeking a chemical supplier, Florida is the home of Bell Chem. Our company offers hundreds of food-grade, nutritional, sanitary, and water treatment chemicals, among others. Contact us today at (407) 339-2355 to learn more.
Sipernat 22 food grade is a precipitated silica (silicon dioxide) that generates good flowability into a mixed product. When powdered ingredients are added to either wet or dry mixes, the possibility exists that too little or too much of the powder will end up within any given sample. Bell Chem, the nutritional chemical supplier in Orlando, offers Sipernat 22 food grade to alleviate this situation. By adding Sipernat 22 to nutritional supplements, your product will combine properly with the same ingredients in every bite, sip, or tablet. Read more about Sipernat 22 below.
- Sipernat 22 has the ability to evenly disperse powdered products while absorbing oil, water or other forms of moisture from the surface of the powder, leaving a smooth amalgamation.
- Absorption of liquids also acts in decreasing stickiness in powders.
- When added to a spray tower, Sipernat 22 reduces the tendency of caking inside the machinery. De-caking machinery takes valuable time from manufacturing; caking of materials diminishes the total amount of product.
- In supplements, Sipernat 22 gives much more accurate nutritional dosages.
- Shelf life is extended in products containing Sipernat 22.
- Sipernat 22 is highly pure with no additives; the same quality of product exists over long expanses of time. Because it is a natural product, it can be added to skin care products as a natural thickener.
- Sipernat 22 is uniform in texture with minimized dust generation.
Adding Sipernat 22 food grade to nutritional supplements is advantageous in dozens of ways. Use Sipernat 22 either as an additive in solid tablets or capsules, or in mixes to reduce dust, caking, and clumping. With the ability to extend the shelf life of products and keep them as fresh when you open them today as they were when you purchased them, Sipernat 22 is the right product for your nutritional supplement needs. Bell Chem, your nutritional chemical supplier, is available at (407) 339-2355 (BELL) with any questions you may have pertaining to Sipernat 22 food grade or any of their other chemicals and supplements. Please browse our website for an abridged product list.
The food and beverage industry relies on Jeffcool P200 (inhibited propylene glycol) for chilling and freezing. Among its many applications are immersion freezing, fermentation cooling in wineries and breweries, and cooling liquid foods. Defrosting and dehumidifying the industrial facilities housing the foods and beverages is another use for Jeffcool P200, which gives you even more reason to purchase this all-purpose chemical from Bell Chem, your industrial chemical supplier. See more uses for Jeffcool P200 below.
- Beverage and flavoring companies: Carbonated beverages are chilled in Jeffcool P200 before bottling to preserve carbonation.
- Spray and immersion freezing of packaged foods: Jeffcool quickly freezes the outermost layer of foods to retain freshness before products enter lower temperatures. Simply spray or immerse the food until the correct depth of freeze is achieved. Even oddly-shaped foods are evenly frozen.
- Breweries, distilleries, and wineries: Jeffcool P200 is used in cooling batches of beer and wine because small amounts of the chemical do not negatively affect the yeast or fermentation processing. Likewise, Jeffcool P200 can be utilized to cool beer storage tanks, yeast storage tanks, and fermentation tanks.
- Champagne production: Inverted bottles of aged champagne dipped in a chilled bath of Jeffcool P200 freeze the contents in the neck of the bottle, thereby trapping sediment for easy removal.
- Cooling agent in dairy processing, food, and meat product processing, such as poultry processing plants: The temperatures of milk are lowered more rapidly when immersed in Jeffcool P200, reducing bacterial count and allowing for bottling more quickly. Dairies and food processors use Jeffcool P200 to cool molds used in plastic bottle blow molding.
Jeffcool P200 is basically odorless and colorless, not considered flammable, has low corrosivity, is a dependable temperature control, is easily regenerated and reconcentrated, and gives simple system maintenance and operation, which lead to productivity increases and cost savings. Jeffcool P200 is available at Bell Chem along with hundreds of other useful food grade and industrial chemicals. Call the industrial chemical supplier, Bell Chem, at (407) 339-2355 (BELL) today to order Jeffcool P200, and read our blogs for the latest information on all our chemicals.
Caustic soda 50% is formed when sodium hydroxide (NaOH) forms a saturated solution with water. When the weight of NaOH equals the weight of the water, the product is caustic soda 50%. As an odorless, colorless, highly-corrosive liquid, caustic soda is highly reactive with metals such as aluminum, bronze, brass, tin, and zinc. Bell Chem, the premier chemical distributor of Florida, carries caustic soda 50% and other chemicals for home and industrial use.
Because it is a strong chemical base, caustic soda 50% is used in instances where organic compounds need to be broken down and removed. Absorbing moisture and carbon dioxide from the air is another feature caustic soda 50% offers, especially useful in the petroleum industry. Drilling for petroleum is made easier with caustic soda 50%; it neutralizes available carbon dioxide or other acidic gases from the air, making it safer for machinery and workers. Crude oil of poor quality is treated using a process known as caustic washing to remove sulfurous impurities. The new technology of creating synthetic gasoline includes caustic soda 50% in its process.
The paper and textile industry utilize a vast amount of caustic acid 50% in separating lignin from cellulose fibers in the manufacture of pulp and paper. Also, industrial cleaners often contain caustic soda 50% to clean storage tanks because it dissolves grease, oils, fats, and protein deposits. The ability to clear away organic material makes caustic soda 50% ideal for cleaning drains in houses since they often are clogged with hair, as well as waste discharge pipes for industry when they are likewise coated with organics.
With its many uses, it’s no wonder caustic soda 50% is the most often used base in some industries. Find out additional information pertaining to this chemical and many more by calling Bell Chem, the best chemical distributor in Florida, at (407) 339-2355 (BELL). Read our latest blogs to learn about our industrial chemicals, nutritional and beauty chemicals, and home use chemicals.
Sodium benzoate is the most widely used food preservative in the world. Listed as a bacteriostatic and fungistatic when placed in an acidic condition, sodium benzoate hinders the reproduction of fungus and bacteria without necessarily killing the existing microbes within the food. Because the pH range is acidic for sodium benzoate to react properly, it is most often added to foods with a low pH. Read more about sodium benzoate in the information below brought to you by your chemical supplier in Florida, Bell Chem.
- Food Industry: Acidic foods, condiments, and beverages find the advantages of the addition of sodium benzoate as a preservative. Salad dressings, carbonated beverages, fruit juices, and pickles owe their extended shelf lives to sodium benzoate.
- Pharmaceutical Industry: Many medicines contain sodium benzoate to preserve and stabilize their products. The pharmaceutical industry has been treating urea cycle disorders with sodium benzoate because it has the ability to bind with amino acids and excrete them from the body. This decreases the ammonia levels within the tissues and circulatory system, lowering the pH to a more desirable level.
- Pyrotechnics Industry: Fireworks are a brilliant light show, but part of the thrill is the sound effects. Sodium benzoate acts as a fuel in the whistle mix, a powder that creates the whistling noise often associated with spiraling fireworks.
- Personal-Care Industry: Cosmetics containing sodium benzoate include toothpastes, mouthwashes, and dental appliance cleaners.
- Automotive Industry: This industry has noted sodium benzoate is useful as a corrosion inhibitor in engine coolant systems.
With its wide range of uses, it is no wonder so many industries rely on sodium benzoate as their preservative of choice. Find more information pertaining to all our chemicals by reading our blogs, and call Bell Chem, the chemical supplier in Florida, at (407) 339-2355 (BELL) to speak with one of our knowledgeable representatives.
Potassium sorbate is the soluble potassium salt of sorbic acid commonly used as a preservative for food, beverages, personal care, and cosmetic products. Its ability to inhibit mold and yeast growth qualifies potassium sorbate as a preservative since it lengthens shelf life of products in which it is an ingredient. Bell Chem, a nutritional chemical supplier of a myriad chemicals for home and industrial use, lists potassium sorbate as one if its most popular preservatives, and for good reason. Read below for information and uses of this valuable chemical.
- Food: From dried fruit and herbal supplements to fast-food milkshakes, potassium sorbate is a choice preservative. With no flavor, texture, or aftertaste, the white, crystalline powder of potassium sorbate works well in any food or beverage requiring a longer shelf life. It is also added to foods meant to be stored and eaten at room temperature since it fends off bacterial growth without refrigeration.
- Wine: Wineries benefit from adding potassium sorbate to their developing wines. This chemical stabilizes the wine by destroying any yeast remaining after fermentation, thereby stopping the growing/fermenting cycle and keeping the wine from continually acting as a food source for yeast. When the wine is sweetened before bottling, potassium sorbate is added a second time to ensure no further fermenting occurs.
- Cosmetics: Personal care products, such as face and eye makeup, skin care products, such as lotion, and hair products all utilize potassium sorbate for its antimicrobial action since it maintains the integrity of the products as it protects the skin from unwanted germs. When products last longer and assist in cleansing your skin of bacteria, it’s a win-win situation.
Potassium sorbate is a welcome addition to your preservative inventory. Call Bell Chem, your local nutritional chemical supplier, at (407) 339-2355 (BELL) to order potassium sorbate or any of our other chemicals and supplements. Read our past blogs for information pertaining to preservatives, cleaners, and our full inventory of products.
Tricalcium phosphate (Ca3(PO4)2) is a calcium salt of phosphoric acid. Containing both calcium and phosphoric acid gives tricalcium phosphate many positive health and pharmaceutical benefits as well as industrial uses. Below are only a few of the many uses of this marvelous product stocked by Bell Chem, your Florida chemical supplier.
- Cheesemaking and other industries employ tricalcium phosphate to regulate acidity.
- Baked goods often list tricalcium phosphate as an ingredient. When bread is baked, tricalcium phosphate causes bread to rise properly.
- Reduced fat liquids containing tricalcium phosphate are generally smoother and thicker.
- Many spices contain tricalcium phosphate because it deters caking and clumping. As a matter of fact, from baby powder and agricultural applications, thousands of products take advantage of tricalcium phosphate’s anti-caking properties.
- When pharmaceuticals need to be routed directly to osseous tissue (bone), tricalcium phosphate acts as a delivery system, bringing the medication directly to the bone.
- In antacids, the basic properties of tricalcium phosphate act to buffer the acid environment of the stomach while supplying the body with calcium, an important component of every body system.
- Common medical practice utilizes tricalcium phosphate as a supplement or stand-alone bone graft agent.
- Home water filtration systems find tricalcium phosphate works well to remove fluoride from water.
- Fertilizers often contain large amounts of phosphoric acid, which is typically derived from tricalcium phosphate.
Your body cannot function without calcium or phosphate. Calcium is imperative for muscle contraction, heart rate regularity, and, its most well-known function, bone health. Phosphate is less well recognized but is essential in the formation of cellular membranes, nucleic acids (DNA and RNA), energy production within cells, and bone mineralization (hardening). Supplementing your diet with tricalcium phosphate will ensure you receive the correct amounts of both nutrients daily.
Read more about all the chemicals offered through Bell Chem by reading our blogs, and contact our team of experts at (407) 339-2355 (BELL) with any questions pertaining to tricalcium phosphate or any of the other chemicals on hand at your Florida chemical supplier of choice.
Puracal PP (pentahydrate powder) is food grade calcium lactate available in a white, non-hygroscopic formation. Added to many foods, it provides an excellent source of calcium in everyday products. Because it is highly soluble and its taste can best be described as neutral, the application of this calcium salt of lactic acid in most products is simple and leaves no bitter taste on foods, unlike other calcium additives. Below is a list of a few of the applications for Puracal PP, one of the quality chemicals supplied by Bell Chem, your nutritional chemical supplier.
- Restaurants and grocery stores use Puracal PP on freshly cut fruits to extend their shelf life. Fruits remain firmer longer with an application of Puracal PP.
- Sugar-free foods are often highly acidic, which can cause tooth decay. Adding Puracal PP counters this reaction by remineralizing tooth enamel, thereby preventing its erosion.
- Mouthwashes, toothpastes, and other oral care products often contain Puracal PP because it decreases tartar production.
- In the pharmaceutical industry, Puracal PP serves two distinct purposes that we often see united in one product: it is utilized as an antacid and a calcium supplement.
- Cheesemakers employ Puracal PP on both young and old cheeses in the form of cheese crystals to diminish acidity. It is more likely to be added to the exterior of the cheeses, although adding Puracal PP as the cheese forms is not unlikely.
Puracal PP dissolves easily and is readily absorbed at a wide pH range. Absorption can occur with or without food when ingested orally. With its ability to boost calcium levels while deterring enamel erosion, Puracal PP is a great choice for preserving food as it enhances the body’s framework. Call Bell Chem at (407) 339-2355 (BELL) for further information on Puracal PP or any of the other chemicals in their vast inventory, and read our latest blogs to learn more about the nutritional chemical supplier of Florida, Bell Chem.
Glycerin is a oil-based liquid traditionally produced from palm, soy, or coconut oil. Food applications demand a USP grade of 99% or higher, which is exceeded with this product. While vegetable glycerin is clear and odorless, USP-grade glycerin has a sweet flavor. Read below for uses of vegetable USP-grade glycerin 99.5%, brought to you by Bell Chem, the nutritional chemical supplier of choice.
- The sweet taste of vegetable glycerin gives it applications as a sweetener in low carbohydrate foods, and, unlike common table sugar, glycerin will not cause tooth decay.
- Many foods contain vegetable glycerin as a filler or thickening agent, especially in low-fat foods. Without fat, foods often lose flavor and texture, both of which can be rectified with the addition of vegetable glycerin.
- Cake icing often contains vegetable glycerin to prevent it from becoming too hard after it is spread.
- Shaving cream, soap, and shampoo contain vegetable glycerin as a humectant (moisturizer) to increase the solubility of other ingredients, thereby making products easier for the skin to absorb.
- Many lotion manufacturers appreciate vegetable glycerin’s ability to draw moisture from deep skin tissues to the surface and to keep the skin from drying excessively. It is often marketed toward individuals with sensitive or easily-irritated skin.
- Toothpaste and mouthwash contain vegetable glycerin since it improves the taste without causing tooth decay.
- The increase of solubility has led the pharmaceutical industry to utilize vegetable glycerin in allergen immunotherapy, cough syrup, elixirs, and expectorants.
- Medicine in the form of tablets may contain vegetable glycerol as a tablet-holding agent.
- In herbal extracts, vegetable glycerin is often used in lieu of ethanol in products touted as alcohol-free.
With its many uses, vegetable glycerin 99.5% USP is a fantastic product from your pharmaceutical, food grade, and nutritional chemical supplier, Bell Chem. Contact Bell Chem today at (407) 339-2355 (BELL) to inquire about vegetable glycerin or any of our other chemicals.